May 26, 2011

time moves

when you drive me home,
the lights fly faster, the exits come sooner.
i want to hold your hand forever and forget
my ten hour work days, the start of debt,
the fear.

i have been in this new place, washing my dishes,
cleaning my room, loving these new people.
enjoying life back in the cities.
hoping that these nights alone go faster.

i used to think no person could keep me in one spot,
but he has a hold on me, i haven't had enough time with him yet.
i feel like we're on this ride home, knowing he's leaving,
and i have so little time left to hold his hand
as he pulls me through the night.
i don't want those days to end but i cannot stay trapped 
in the forest. i belong on the road, seeing things and 
experiencing all that this world can offer.
i wish i could take him, but i love him so much,
he needs to do what he wants. i only hope as our 
paths diverge or hearts stay on the same road,.




No comments:

Post a Comment