May 3, 2011

Maktub

From my favorite book, The Alchemist by my 
favorite author Paolo Coelho.
Maktub means fate. Fate is what brought me here,
in this library, filled with knowledge.
With the man I hope is in my future.
We are so capable of experiencing every mood
together, whether it be serious in this library or
throwing eachother into the dirt off the sidewalks.

I'm so fortunate. We both live in different cities,
live different lives, have different stories,
yet we wound up here, ended up in two classes,
met one night, and fell in love. So perfect.
I can picture loving his family, watching Grace his
beautiful hyperactive dog grow old.
I can see wrinkles grow in the face I am blessed
to wake up next to.

So I believe in being blessed, and I believe in something greater than myself.
But I do not believe in God. I believe in being moral, doing selfless things,
because the universe conspires to either help you for doing good, or
against when you fail to do so. 

I believe I must have done something that was so extremely wonderful
to deserve him in my life, and everything else that makes me happy
on a daily basis. My father tells me constantly, you're alive.

So everyday, I prove that fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment